Permit Applications / Handouts

Permit Requirements

A permit is required for all work performed within the city’s right of way. This includes but is not limited to, sanitary sewer services, water line services, driveways, and sidewalks. An annual contractor’s license must also be obtained with proof of insurance and bond for all individuals and companies performing work within the city’s right of way.

The application form below can be downloaded, completed, and returned to City Hall with the permit fee prior to beginning any work:
City Hall
105 Milwaukee Mall
Charles City, IA 50616

Permit Applications