Facilities and Reservations
Picnic shelters are available for general use and can be reserved for $40 per reservation. Picnic shelter options include:
- Wildwood #1 - This shelter is near the entrance of the park, on the right when entering the park, closest to the clubhouse. This shelter offers electricity and restrooms.
- Lions Field Main - This is the second shelter in the park. The shelter is enclosed and has electricity.
- Lions Field East - This is the first shelter in the park. The shelter has electricity.
- Sportsmen's Park - This shelter is northwest of the tennis courts. The shelter includes electricity and restrooms.
- Waverly Hill - This shelter includes electricity and restrooms.
- Westwood North - This shelter is located by the concession stands in the park. The shelter includes electricity (up high on east and west sides) and restrooms.
- Riverfront Park Outdoor Natural Ampitheater - The open ampitheater sits along the Cedar River in Riverfront Park between the boat launch and the natural ravine play area. Large boulders create seating for 100-120 persons. Electrical outlets are available at the stage area and above the seating areas.
- Wildwood Golf Course Clubhouse Social Hall - The social hall contains 13 banquet tables and approximately 100 chairs.The area is not heated or cooled. There are ceiling fans and the area opens out to an outdoor patio. It is available for reservation from April 15th through October 15th. There is an adjacent bar and pro shop area which also seats approximately 50 persons and is heated and cooled. All beverages must be purchased at the Clubhouse bar. The bar is stocked with liquor,beer and soft drinks. Wine can be available for special occasions. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required for reservation.Please call for additional information to either: Clubhouse (641)257-6322 or during off season: Park & Recreation Office: (641)257-6312.
- Charles City dog park - Our new dog park provides a safe environment for visitors and Charles City residents to bring their furry friends for off leash socialization, exercise and play. The dog park is made up of two fenced in areas: one for large dogs and one for small dogs. Special features include agility equipment, waste bags with disposal containers, benches and access to water. Outside the fenced in areas such amenities as a picnic shelter with tables, playground equipment and public restrooms can be found. Hours for the Charles City dog park are from dawn until dusk.